Mini Clean Flow Heater for Harsh Environments
The BCE application was a custom heating solution for harsh environments where the medium material needed to be heated using low carbon metals. Stainless steels such as 316L and 304L are the best option for low carbon, these materials were not readily available on the a standard Mini Clean Flow (MCF) heater. BCE adapted making all wetted parts 316L or 304L while being heated with a 321 stainless steel heat source.
Download Case Study (PDF)
The Mini Clean Flow Heater - Harsh Environment needed to satisfy the following:
- Temperature outlet needed to be 100ºC
- Perpendicular configuration, with locking fittings
- Body must pass Helium Leak rate of 1 x 10-7 cc/sec He
- Pressure test of 50PSI
- Ability to place heater in a series flow configuration if necessary
- Thermocouple for additional temperature measurement
- 400 Watt, 120 Volt
- All wetted surfaces must be 304 or 316 Stainless Steel L (low carbon)
This BCE MCF heater was tested to 100ºC with the mass of the heater being slightly above 5 lbs. The 100ºC temperature was reached within about 2 minutes. This efficiency was achieved by maintaining good contact with the internal heat source and the low carbon steel MCF heater body.
BCE Engineering & Quality Assurance
BCE engineers provide decades of experience in design and development, delivering a wealth of empirical data and experience. BCE welcomes your custom requirement and will design and deliver a part that meets your challenging needs.
BCE is recognized for its commitment to quality and excellence by being certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2015.