BCE Mini Clean Flow Heater
A POWERFUL, COMPACT SOLUTION FOR HEATING MOVING LIQUIDS AND GASES
A very compact, fast responding electric heating element for liquids and gases for all clean, fuel cell, bio-med, laboratory, food, and pharmaceutical applications.
- Parts cleaning
- Critical fluid heating
- Solvent replacement
- Biomass extraction
- Bio reclamation
- Semiconductor processing equipment
- Photoresist material
The MCF heaters can be used to heat media in-line with the process flow. The heater is cleaned with IPA and rinsed with DI water and then passivated. This process minimizes contamination of the media being heated. For liquids, the max outlet temperature is driven by the liquid media, for gases the max outlet can be 800°C. The internal element in most cases comes with a built-in thermocouple (K or J), which will monitor the heater and the media temperature. BCE prefers grounded junctions, meaning grounded to the sheath of the internal heater. By having this configuration, the heating element is in direct contact with the media, hence maximum efficiency.
The MCF-Stream was designed in such a way that the delta-T between the ni-chrome internal element and the sheath of the heater is at a minimum. By keeping the delta-T to a minimum the life of the element will be optimal for most applications.
MINI CLEAN FLOW HEATER
The Mini Clean Flow Heater operates in a liquid or gas stream providing very fast response times and accurate control capability.
The heating elements in the Mini Clean Flow Heater are isolated electrically from the process media, protecting them from contaminants and providing long life.
- Designed for heating of clean gases or liquids
- Gas flow passes over an enclosed heated body; not exposed to resistive elements (Nichrome)
- All parts exposed to gas flow are constructed of 304 stainless (other material available)
- High temperatures
- Custom wattages, voltages, inlet and outlet fittings (NPT, SAE, BSP &VCR) are available.
- Made in U.S.A.
WATTAGE REQUIRED CALCULATIONS
- Determine the volume of air or gas (SCFM) you will be heating.
- Determine temperature rise in degrees Fahrenheit (DeltaT in F)
- Calculate wattage required as follows: kW = (SCFM x Delta T) / 3000) x 1.2
- Take into consideration the physical size requirements of your application and determine the air heater size constraints for your application.
- High watt densities shown in the specifications charts are subject to factory approval due to resistance wire limitations.
A MINI CLEAN FLOW HEATER FOR HARSH ENVIRONMENTS
A heating solution for harsh environments where the medium material needs to be heated using low carbon metals. Stainless steels such as 316L and 304L are the best option for low carbon. All wetted parts on this heater are 316L or 304L while being heated with a 321 stainless steel heat source.
Wattage tolerances are held to +5, -10% or better at the voltage specified.
STOCK MINI CLEAN FLOW (MCF) HEATERS WITH TEST DATA
EXAMPLES OF CUSTOM MINI CLEAN FLOW OEM CONFIGURATIONS
Temperature vs Time For a Flow of 11.4 L/Min Insulated
Temperature vs Time For a Flow of 11.4 L/Min
Temperature vs Time For a Flow of 16.9 L/Min Insulated
Temperature vs Time For a Flow of 16.9 L/Min
Temperature vs Time For a Flow of 5.69 L/Min Insulated
Temperature vs Time For a Flow of 5.69 L/Min
BCE Engineering & Quality Assurance
BCE engineers provide decades of experience in design and development, delivering a wealth of empirical data and experience. BCE welcomes your custom requirement and will design and deliver a part that meets your challenging needs.
BCE is recognized for its commitment to quality and excellence by being certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2015.